Gono Bishwabidyalay (GB), a University with a difference has been established with a vision to create a new consciousness and commitment in the field of education, particularly to foster social development and human welfare.
A very special mission of Gono Bishwabidyalay is to help the female members of the society, students from low income family’s children of martyrs and ethnic minorities.
Through teaching and related activities Gono Bishwabidyalay aims at achieving the following:
· to bring cohesion between scientific ideas and people’s aspiration as well as to ensure equal opportunity for men and women.
· to foster consciousness about scientific queries and welfare of mankind.
· in building a bridge between modern science and experience of traditional socio-economic concepts.
· generating the feeling for the backward population and wish for their welfare, active participation in program to eradicate poverty.
· to work toward sustaining and modernizing indigenous art and crafts.
· to work for effective solutions for the problems of the people by applying local experiences.
· to learn lessons from the struggles of the people for establishing their rights as well as from the history of the wars of liberation of Bangladesh and other countries of the world.
· to learn in depth about the country, the people, the village and to take steps for improvement of the country and of its people.