Organic and Safe Poultry Production, probiotics, Food safety, Poultry Nutrition, Poultry Disease.
- Zahir Uddin Rubel, Md. Anwarul Haque Beg, Maksuda Begum, Noushin Anjum. Effect of dietary supplement of dried chlorella powder as an alternative to antibiotic on growth performance and health status of broiler chicken. International journal of Biosciences, Vol. 14, No. 4, p. 255-263, 2019.
Effect of Aloevera and Alloxan in diabetic rat.
– Protozoan diseases, vector-borne infections, tick microbiome, parasite ecology, nematodes
– Stem cell biology, cancer biology, molecular biology
List of PUBLICATIONS:
1. Haque MH, Alim MA, Yasin MG, Anisuzzaman, Rahman MA, Habib A, Akter MTD, Mondal MMH. (2015) Tick Infestation in Indigenous Cattle (Bos indicus) in Barind Tract of Bangladesh. Bangladesh Vet J. 49(1-4):1-13
2. Most. Tahera Dil Akter, Md. Abdul Alim, Md. Golam Yasin, Md. Hasibul Haque, Thahsin Farjana, Takeshi Hatta, Anisuzzaman, Naotoshi Tsuji and Md. Motahar Hussain Mondal. (2019). Tick infestation and hemoparasitic infections in cattle in some selected areas of Bangladesh. Jpn. J. Vet. Parasitol. 18(1): 26-34.
3. L Nahar, MJU Sarder, MMH Mondal, MO Faruque, M Rahman, S Rahman, MH Haque. (2019). Occurrence
of Haemonchosis in goats under management practices in the northwestern Bangladesh.
International Journal of Natural and Social Sciences, 6(3): 54-60.
4. K Sammadar, MH Haque, KM Ashfia, SF Nahar, F Boby and SS Saha (2015). Prevalence of gastrointestinal parasitic infestation of ruminants at Rajbari, Bangladesh. International Journal of Natural and Social Sciences,
5. Sharifuzzaman, MAA Noman, MA Jalil, MH Haque, Z Shahjada, AA Motin (2015). Epidemiology of PPR in
Goat in Kushtia district, Bangladesh. International Journal of Natural and Social Sciences. 2(1): 107-112
Research interests :
Zoo and Wildlife Medicine, Small Animal Medicine, Wildlife Conservation
List of Publications:
1. Sutradhar BC, Das BC, Ferdous S, et al. Penetrating gunshot wound, emphysema and inanition followed by death in a wild Asian elephant: a case report. International Journal of Avian & Wildlife Biology. 2018;3(2):119–122. DOI: 10.15406/ijawb.2018.03.00068
2. Elephant conservation in Bangladesh: The facts and the fictions. – Bibek Chandra Sutadhar and Sabrina Ferdous (2017). Published by LAP LAMBERT Academic Publishing.
Research Interest: Infertility problems of dairy cows
List of Publications:
- Nishi SA, Sarder MJU, Islam MH, JosimUddin M and SharminS (2018) Managemental Factors Influencing Anestrus Problems in Dairy Cows. Journal of Vaccines& Vaccination, 9:393.doi:10.4172/2157-7560.1000393.
- Nishi SA, Sarder MJU, Islam MH, Kamruzzaman SM, Islam MA and Khaton R (2018) Factors Affecting the Incidence of Repeat Breeding in Dairy Cows. International Journal of Livestock Research, 8(10),90-96.doi: 10.5455/ijlr.20171218102335.
- Nishi SA, Sarder MJU, Islam MH, Kamruzzaman SM and Islam MA ( 2017) Prevalence of anestrus in cows owing to genotypes, age, parity and body condition. Bangladesh Livestock Journal;3: 18-20.
- Islam MA, Islam MZ, Alam ME and Nishi SA (2017) Some influencing factors on productive and reproductive parameters of dairy cows in Rajshahi district. Bangladesh Livestock Journal; 3:1-4.
- Islam MS, Islam MH, Sarder MJU, Nishi SA, Rahman MS, Rahman MA and Sharmin S (2018) Study the efficacy of vaccine against the Newcastle disease (ND) in layer chicken. Bangladesh Livestock Journal; 4: 40-43.
- Islam MR, Khaton R, Islam MH, Ullah MN, Nishi SA, Paul BR and Sarder MJU (2018) Biometry of ovary in different ruminant animals. Bangladesh Livestock Journal ; 4:49-51.
- Sarder MJU, Islam MH, Islam MR, Nishi SA, Moni MIZ and Sultana MR(2018) Improvement of Fertility of Cows Using Prostaglandin F2α 4th International Exhibition & Seminar on Dairy, Aqua and Pet-2018, 8-10 March 2018, Dhaka, Bangladesh; 4: 270-278.
My research focuses on Zoonotic and foodborne bacteria. Currently I am doing research to find out an association among the host, phylotypes, genotypes and drug resistance genes in diarrheagenic E. coli (DEC) pathotypes. Among the six DEC pathotypes, Enteroinvasive E. coli (EIEC) and Enteropathogenic E. coli (EPEC) is highly prevalent among children experiencing diarrhea in Bangladesh and the later one is also prevalent in poultry and cattle fecal samples in the country while the former one is confined only in human patients. Now, my research will focus to examine the fecal samples of healthy carrier to find out whether these two pathotypes are prevalent also among healthy carriers in Bangladesh. Any national and international collaboration is welcome to my laboratory.
- Zahan MN, Habibi H, Pencil A, Ahamedi SA, Ghafar JA, Juyena NS, Rahman MT, Parvej MS. Diagnosis of COVID-19 in Symptomatic Patients: An Updated Review. Vacunas. https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S157698872100039X
- Chapot L, Sarker MS, Begum R, Hossain D, Akter R, Hasan MM, Bupasha ZB, Bayzid M, Salauddin M, Parvej MS, Uddin AM, Hoque F, Chowdhury J, Ullah MN, Rahman MK, Siddiky NA, Fournié G, Samad MA. 2021. Knowledge, attitudes and practices regarding antibiotic use and resistance among Veterinary students in Bangladesh. Antibiotics. 10:332. https://www.mdpi.com/2079-6382/10/3/332.
- Parvej MS, Mohanto N, Rahman MA, Mondal MMH. 2020. Bacterial Zoonoses: A global public health concern. J Gono Bishwabidyalay. 3:225-235.
- Parvej MS, Alam MA, Shono M, Zahan MN, Parvez MM, Ansari WK, Jowel MS, Kage-Nakadai E, Rahman MT, Nishikawa Y. 2020. Prevalence of virulence genes of diarrheagenic Escherichia coli in fecal specimens obtained from cattle, poultry and diarrheic patients in Bangladesh. Jpn J Infect Dis. 73:76-82. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/31474698/
- Parvej MS, Nakamura H, Alam MA, Zhang S, Wang L, Emura K, Kage-Nakadai E, Hara Kudo Y, Nishikawa Y. 2019. Host range associated clustering based on multi-locus variable-number tandem-repeat analysis, phylotypes, and virulence genes of atypical enteropathogenic Escherichia coli Appl Environ Microbiol. 85: e02796-18. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/30658974/
- Rahman MM, Amin KB, Rahman SMM, Khair A, Rahman M, Hossain A, Rahman AKM A, Parvej MS, Miura N, Alam MM. 2018. Investigation of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus among clinical isolates from humans and animals by culture methods and multiplex PCR. BMC Vet Res. 14:300. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/30285752/
- Parvej MS, Mamun M, Hassan J. Rahman M, Rahman MT, Rahman MB, Nazir KHMNH. Prevalence and characteristics of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli (STEC) isolated from beef slaughterhouse. J Adv Vet Ani Res. 5:218-225. https://www.banglajol.info/index.php/JAVAR/article/view/37169
- Kamal T, Nazir KHMNH, Parvej MS, Rahman MT, Rahman M, Khan MFR, Ansari WK, Ahamed MM, Ahmed S, Hossen ML, Panna NS, Rahman MB. 2018. Remedy of contamination of multidrug resistant Salmonella and Escherichia coli from betel leaves (Piper betle) keeping them fresh for long time. J Adv Vet Ani Res. 5:73-80. https://bdvets.org/JAVAR/V5I1/e250_pp73-80.pdf
- Hasan A, Reza A, Rume FI, Meher MM, Parvej MS, Anower AKMM. Prevalence and antibiotic resistance profile of E. coli isolated from raw dairy milk. Tur J Agr Food Sci Tech. 6: 1108-1113. http://agrifoodscience.com/index.php/TURJAF/article/view/1788.
- Hassan J, Nazir KHMNH, Parvej MS, Kamal T, Rahman MT. 2017. Molecular based prevalence of shigatoxigenic Escherichia coli in rectal swab of apparently healthy cattle in Mymensingh district, Bangladesh. J Adv Vet Ani Res. 4: 194-199. https://www.banglajol.info/index.php/JAVAR/article/view/33119
- Ansari WK, Parvej MS, El Zowalaty ME, Jackson S, Bustinc SA, Ibrahim AK, Rahman MT, Zhang H, Khan MFR, Ahamda MA, Rahman MS, Rahman M, Nazir KHM, Ahmeda S, Hossenn ML, Kafi MA, Yamage M, Debnath NC, Ahmedg G, Masoud M, Noreddin A, Ashour H, Rahman MB. 2016. Surveillance, epidemiological, and virological detection of highly pathogenic H5N1 avian influenza viruses in duck and poultry from Bangladesh. Vet Microbiol. 193: 49-59. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/27599930/
- Parvej MS, Rahman M, Uddin MF, Nazir KHMNH, Jowel MS, Khan MFR, Rahman MB. Isolation and characterization of Salmonella enterica serovar typhimurium circulating among healthy chickens of Bangladesh. Tur J Agr Food Sci Tech. 4: 519-523. http://agrifoodscience.com/index.php/TURJAF/article/view/695
- Jowel, MS, Khan MSR, Parvej MS, Ali MY, Ara MS, Nazir KHMNH, Khan MFR, Rahman M, Rahman MT, Rahman MB. 2016. Characterization and antibiogram study of Clostridium chauvoei isolated from field cases of blackleg in cattle. Bang J Vet Med. 14: 53-57. https://www.banglajol.info/index.php/BJVM/article/view/28824
- Mamun MM, Parvej MS, Ahamed S, Hassan J, Nazir KHMNH, Nishikawa Y, Rahman MT. 2016. Prevalence and characterization of shigatoxigenic Escherichia coli in broiler birds in Mymensingh. Bang J Vet Med. 14: 5-8. https://www.banglajol.info/index.php/BJVM/article/view/28809
- Tanzin T, Nazir KHMNH, Zahan MN, Parvej MS, Zesmin K, Rahman MT. 2016. Antibiotic resistance profile of bacteria isolated from raw milk samples of cattle and buffaloes. J Adv Vet Ani Res. 3: 62-67. https://www.bibliomed.org/?mno=221698
- Parvej MS, Nazir KHMNH, Rahman MB, Jahan M, Khan MFR, Rahman M. 2016. Prevalence and characterization of multi-drug resistant Salmonella enterica serovar gallinarum biovar pullorum and gallinarum from chicken. Vet World. 9: 65-70. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/27051187/
- Zahan MN, Sufian MKNB, Rahman MK and Parvej MS. Socio economic status of farmers and production performance of khaki Campbell ducks reared under backyard farming in Bangladesh. Wayamba J Anim Sci. 8: 1307- 1311. https://www.cabdirect.org/?target=%2fcabdirect%2fabstract%2f20173178901
- Ahamed M, Hossain MT, Rahman M, Nazir KHMNH, Khan MFR, Parvej MS, Ansari WK, Chiste MNNAA, Amin KB, Hossen ML, Ahmed S, Rahman MB. 2015. Molecular characterization of Duck Plague virus isolated from Bangladesh. J Adv Vet Ani Res. 2: 296-303. https://www.banglajol.info/index.php/JAVAR/article/view/24838.
- Alam MA, Rahman M, Hossen ML, Ahmed S, Parvej MS, Khan MFR, Rahman MB. 2015. Reverse transcription polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR) based detection and serotyping of FMD Virus from field samples of Gazipur, Bangladesh, and adaptation of the virus in BHK-21 cell. J Adv Vet Anim Res. 2: 291-295. https://www.banglajol.info/index.php/JAVAR/article/view/24837/0
- Hassan J, Ahsan MM, Rahman MB, Chowdhury SMZH, Parvej MS, Nazir KHMNH. 2015. Factors associated with repeated outbreak of anthrax in Bangladesh: qualitative and quantitative study. J Adv Vet Anim Res. 2: 158-164. https://bdvets.org/JAVAR/V2I2/b72_pp158-164.pdf
- Himi HA, Parvej MS, Rahman MB, Nasiruddin KM, Ansari WK, Ahamed M. 2015. PCR Based Detection of Shiga Toxin Producing coli in Commercial Poultry and Related Environments. Tur J Agr Food Sci Tech. 3: 361-364. http://www.agrifoodscience.com/index.php/TURJAF/article/view/293
- Hassan J, Rahman MB, Chowdhury SMZH, Rabidas SK, Prarvej MS, Nazir KHMNH. 2015. ELISA based anthrax antibody titer in cattle induced by locally prepared anthrax vaccine originated from Sterne F-24 strain in Bangladesh. Microbes and Health. 4: 36-38. https://www.banglajol.info/index.php/MH/article/view/23104
- Khatun MN, Elahi ATMM, Ahmed S, Parvej MS, Akhter S, Ansari WK. 2015. Frequency of drug resistant Escherichia coli isolated from commercial broiler chicken in Bangladesh. Int J Nat Soc Sci. 2: 01-05. http://ijnss.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/IJNSS-V2I4-01-pp-01-05.pdf
- Sarkar CK, Mostofa M, Sikder MMH, Ansari WK, Ahamed MM, Parvej MS, Hasan MR. 2015. Efficacy of Kalo Jeera seeds (Nigella sativa) and Thankuni (Centella asiatica) supplementation on the growth performance of broiler chicken. Int J Sci Rep. 1: 196-200. https://www.sci-rep.com/index.php/scirep/article/view/71.
- Zahan MN, Reza A, Talukder M, Ali MS, Paul TK and Parvej MS. 2015. Blumea lacera plant poisoning in cattle; epidemiology and management. Tur J Agri-Food Sci and Tech. 3: 625-638. http://www.agrifoodscience.com/index.php/TURJAF/article/view/357.
- Sharifuzzaman, Shahiduzzaman M, Anisuzzaman, Parvej MS, Barragan A. 2015. Isolation and identification of Cryptosporidium from water samples in Bangladesh. Int J Nat Soc Sci 1:118-124. https://ijnss.org/isolation-and-identification-of-cryptosporidium-from-water-samples-in-bangladesh/
- Jahan P, Hossain A, Nasiruddin KM, Yasmin S, Khatun F, Parvej MS. mRNA extraction, cDNA synthesis and tillering specific gene isolation from BLB resistant Binashail rice. Asian J. Med. Biol. Res.1: 265-270. https://www.ebupress.com/journal/ajmbr/2015/11/10/article-mrna-extraction-cdna-synthesis-and-tillering-specific-gene-isolation-from-blb-resistant-binashail-rice.
- Jahan M, Rahman M, Parvej MS, Chowdhury SMZH, Haque ME, Talukder MAK, Ahmed S. 2014. Isolation and characterization of Staphylococcus aureus from raw cow milk in J Adv Vet Anim Res. 2: 49-55. https://www.banglajol.info/index.php/JAVAR/article/view/21266
- Rahaman MT, Rahman M, Rahman MB, Khan MFR, Hossen ML, Parvej MS, Ahmed S. 2014. Poultry Salmonella specific bacteriophage: isolation and characterization. Bang J Vet Med. 12: 107-114. https://www.banglajol.info/index.php/BJVM/article/view/21264.
- Hassan J. Parvej MS, Rahman MB, Khan MSR, Rahman MT, Kamal T, Nazir KHMNH. 2014. Prevalence and molecular characterization of coli from rectal swab of apparently healthy cattle in Mymensingh, Bangladesh. Microbes and Health. 3: 12-14. https://www.banglajol.info/index.php/MH/article/view/19775.
- Khair A, Alam MM, Rahman AKMA, Shahiduzzaman M, Parvej MS, Chowdhury EH. 2014. Prevalence of Cryptosporidiosis in crossbred calves in two selected areas of Bangladesh. Bang J Vet Med. 12: 185-190. https://www.researchgate.net/publication/270149999_Prevalence_of_Cryptosporidiosis_in_Crossbred_Calves_in_Two_Selected_Areas_of_Bangladesh.
- Ahsan MM, Khan MFR, Rahman MB, Hassan J, Chowdhury SMZH, Parvej MS, Jahan M, Nazir KHMNH. 2013. Investigation into Bacillus anthracis spore in soil and analysis of the parameters related to repeated anthrax outbreak in Sirajganj district, Bangladesh. Thai J Vet Med. 43: 411-416. https://he01.tci-thaijo.org/index.php/tjvm/article/view/12283.
For details please visit following links