Gono Bishawbidyalay offers special subjects for studying with a focus on certain aspects of tradition, culture, and creativity of the people of Bangladesh, the Liberation War of Bangladesh, Gender, Ethics, and Environmental Science in order to equip them with the knowledge and skill necessary for becoming a complete human being both academically and psychologically. The excellent broad outlook for education makes them skills and competent for leading the country in its quest for development
At present, the university offers courses in a number of disciplines both at the undergraduate and postgraduate levels. As the university grows and as its institutional capacity is built up, the university will offer programs in a large number of disciplines.
All inmates are advised to dress modestly without much use of cosmetics. Smoking is absolutely prohibited within and outside the campus. Besides classical pedagogy, i.e. classroom, teaching, and laboratory work, the University puts great emphasis on the participatory methodology for groups in the teaching system. It is imperative for the students, teachers, and staff of the University to be friendly with the poor local villagers and work with them as their associates and, if possible, share their experiences. Students and teachers are expected to volunteer in natural disasters and management activities. The University expects that the students will live within the local community; exchange views on various aspects of life with the local villagers and enlighten them with their achieved knowledge. In order to ensure that, the students turn out to be self-reliant and confident about their potentiality. No university transport
A very special mission of Gono Bishwabidyalay is to help the female members of the society, students from low-income families, children of martyrs, and ethnic minorities
Gono Bishwabidyalay is the center of culture. Bangla Language, Communication and Culture department arrange a various attractive program on various occasion. Department of Pharmacy is one of the best parts of university culture. This department arranges various cultural programs during different times of the year. It’s famous for its Fresher’s reception program. This department arranges a special fresher’s reception program with their own style and fund.
Through teaching and related activities Gono Bishwabidyalay aims at achieving the following:
- To bring cohesion between scientific ideas and people’s aspirations as well as to ensure equal opportunity for men and women.
- To foster consciousness about scientific queries and the welfare of mankind.
- In building a bridge between modern science and experience of traditional socio-economic concepts
- Generating the feeling for the backward population and wish for their welfare, active participation in the program to eradicate poverty
- To work toward sustaining and modernizing indigenous art and crafts
- To work for effective solutions for the problems of the people by applying local experiences
- To learn lessons from the struggles of the people for establishing their rights as well as from the history of the wars of liberation of Bangladesh and other countries of the world
- To learn in-depth about the country, the people, the village life, and to take steps for improvement of the country and of its people