Dr. Pijush Kumar Paul
Dr. Pijush Kumar Paul completed his Bachelor of Pharmacy from Gono Bishwabidyalay and joined the same Department of Pharmacy in 2009 as a teaching assistant. He obtained his Master of Science in Pharmaceutical Technology from the University of Asia Pacific and received his Ph.D. in Pharmaceutical Sciences from Prince of Songkla University, Thailand. He went to pursue his postdoctoral training in the School of Pharmacy at the Fudan University affiliated with Tongji University, China. Dr. Paul is an experienced researcher with expertise in drug delivery/formulation, nanotechnology, drug development, molecularly imprinted polymer, and lipid nanoparticles. He has published a number of articles on protein drug delivery, polymeric nanoparticles, and molecular imprinting technique in high-impact journals like the International Journal of Pharmaceutics Acta Pharmaceutica Sinica B, and Acta Pharmaceutica. Dr. Paul has presented his research work at the International Conference in different countries including Thailand, Singapore, and England.
Joining Date: 01.01.2009
Pharmaceutics, Biopharmaceutics & Pharmacokinetics, Pharmacology, Medicinal Chemistry, Industrial Pharmacy & Pharmaceutical Technology, Pharmaceutical Analysis, Pharmaceutical Engineering, Advanced formulation Technology
- Nano-drug delivery systems
- Molecular imprinting
- Polymeric nanoparticles
- Solid lipid nanoparticles
- Oral protein delivery
Munir Ahmad Khan, Abul Kalam Azad, Muhammad Safdar, Asif Nawaz, Muhammad Akhlaq, Pijush Paul, Md Kamal Hossain, Md. Habibur Rahman, Roua S. Baty , Attalla F. El-kott , Mohamed Kamel, Simona G. Bungau, and Mohamed M. Abdel-Daim, Synthesis and Characterization of Acrylamide/Acrylic Acid Co-Polymers and Glutaraldehyde Crosslinked pH-Sensitive Hydrogels. Gels. 2022, 8, 47.
- Quangang Zhu, Zhongjian Chen, Pijush Kumar Paul, Yi Lu, Wei Wu and Jianping Qi, 2021. Oral delivery of proteins and peptides: challenges, status quo and future Acta Pharmaceutica Sinca B, 2021; 11(8):2416-2448.
- Antimicrobial activities from fractionated methanol extracts of codaeum variegatum leaf. Krishanu Sikder, Maksudur Rahman, Pijush Kumar Paul, Golam Mohammad and Sukumar Bepary. Jagannath University Journal of Life and Earth Sciences. Volume 3, No. 1 & 2, 2017.
- In vitro thrombolytic activities of fractionated methanol extracts of codiaem variegatum leaf. Sukumar Bepary, Maksudur Rahman, Pijush Kumar Paul, Golam Mohammad and Krishanu Sikder. Jagannath University Journal of Life and Earth Sciences. Volume 3, No. 1 & 2, 2017.
- Pijush Kumar Paul, Jongdee Nopparat, Mitree Nuanplub, Alongkot Treetong, and Roongnapa Suedee, 2017. Improvement in insulin absorption into gastrointestinal epithelial cells by using molecularly imprinted polymer nanoparticles: Microscopic evaluation and ultrastructure. International Journal of Pharmaceutics. 530 (2017) 279-290.
- Pijush Kumar Paul, Alongkot Treetong and Roongnapa Suedee, Biomimetic insulin-imprinted polymer nanoparticles as a potential oral drug delivery system. Acta Pharmaceutica. 67 (2017) 149-168.
- Pijush Kumar Paul, Laboni Rani Dey, Mohammad Shahariar, Irin Dewan, S.M. Ashraful Islam., Comparative in vitro dissolution study of spironolactone in binary and tertiary solid dispersion: model dependant and independent approaches. Journal of Drug Delivery and Therapeutics; 2012, 2 (4), 73-80.
- S.M. Ashraful Islam, Sharif Md. Abuzar and Pijush Kumar Paul., Validation of UV-Spectrophotometric and RP-HPLC methods for the simultaneous analysis of Paracetamol and Aceclofenac in marketed tablets. International Journal of Pharmacy and Life Sciences, Vol. 2, Issue 12: Dec.: 2011, 1267-1275.
- Mesbahuddin Ahmad, Mustafizur Rahman, Pijush Kumar Paul., Synthesis and In Vitro antibacterial activity of Cephradine Benzoate. Bangladesh Journal of Medical Science; 2011, 10(3): 148-151.
- Pijush Kumar Paul and Roongnapa Srichana, Biomimetic molecularly imprinted polymer nanoparticles for oral protein delivery. Bioinspired Materials 2018 Conference, Manchester Metropolitan University, Manchester, United Kingdom, October 10, 2018.
- Pijush Kumar Paul and Roongnapa Srichana, Molecularly imprinted polymer as a nanocarrier for protein drug delivery. Asian Graduate Congress on Pharmaceutical Technology, National University of Singapore, July 10-13, 2016.
- Pijush Kumar Paul and Roongnapa Srichana, The approach to synthesize the biomimetic insulin imprinted polymer nanoparticles via precipitation polymerization. Japan-Thailand joint meeting on functional nanomaterials 2016, Dusit Thani Bangkok and Thailand Science Park, Pathum Thani Thailand, May 26-28, 2016.
- Pijush Kumar Paul and Roongnapa Srichana, Protein Imprinted Nanoparticles as Drug Delivery Vehicles. The 3rd Current Drug development (CDD 2014), Ao Nang Beach, Krabi, Thailand, May 1-3, 2014.